Friday, July 29, 2011

Morphing and eccentric fusion

Another experience that I didn't describe in my yesterday post on eccentric fusion was with my cellphone. Recall, I was looking with my right eye to the table, my left eye was pushed to the left. I put my cellphone so half of it was seen with my right eye and half was not; the whole cellphone was right in front of the left eye. I was seeing with both of my eyes - with the right because it was leading at the moment, as I described, and with the left because it is so much stronger and used to lead all the time. Merely switching left-right-left was not enough for the mind to resolve confusion.

So the mind started morphing the phone. It was growing larger and smaller, changing shapes. What was interesting is that the mind was trying to come up with a picture based on my past visual experiences. My phone is Motorola Droid, just a rectangular box. However, as it morphed into a smaller object, it looked like smaller cellphones I had seen, some even with at antenna. In fact, I think that it looked like cellphones that I had in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment