Friday, July 29, 2011

Evening, July 28th - part 3.

After looking at my reflection in the street windows on several occasions I noticed that even though my right eye was leading, my left eye has come much closer to it. They were not as together as usually when leading with the left, but now my right iris was maybe at one-third from the lateral boundary of the eye, as opposed to being at the middle, as I expected. (I was only starting to realize I could actually see where the eyes was looking by seeing the shape of the eyeball and was still mostly relying on just the amount of white to the left and to the right.)

I felt much more able to access both sides. Maybe an hour ago or so I had already realized how it was easier to access the right vitreous humor and everything else when the right eye was leading. Now, I noticed some flowers and I tried looking at one with both eyes, perhaps for a minute. Then I walked a little more, found another flower or plant, and tried again.  Not sure it was a flower, more like a leaf (not on a tree), somewhat similar to the leaves around it. This time the experience was similar to the morphing experience with the cellphone - I saw changing shapes and I was not quite sure, what exactly I was looking at: there were many of them, and they were similar.

I also played with the streetlights. A few days ago I noticed how when I look at a lightbulb with my eyes almost aligned, the eyes start to switch back and forth, and I see the lightbulb changing its appearance back and forth. This time I tried with the streetlamps, and I tried not to switch consciously too much. Then I realized that steretlamps were like sunning, they were stimluating the retina, so it can see. I already knew from my right-eye-leading experience how important it was to stimulate the retina. Thus, I tried to look at a streetlamp directly through the center, so it was shining right on the center of the fovea centralis. I had never had such a precise spacial awareness to even conceptualize it, yet this time I aligned one eye and let the image of the lamp grow into a large shining ball like a sun, strongly illuminating the fovea, and somewhat illuminating the periphery. I suspect I even saw where the fovea centralis ended. Then I repeated the same thing with the other eyes. I had to move the eyes quite a bit, so I figured they should be pointing in very different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment