Friday, July 29, 2011

Left eye, right eye

Yesterday after work I was going to have my ballet class. Of course, I wanted to allow my right eye to lead on my way there so it can get more experience in seeing without being suppressed by the left eye. I was not so worried that some random people I can meet in the street will be scared by my left pupil being pushed to the left corner of the eye so that mostly white sclera was seen.

As I went out of the building, I saw even more volume and color than on the previous days, but qualitatively the same as on the previous days, this feeling just has been growing every day. My right eye was wide open and I felt it was taking in this huge circle of everything, color and light and movement and volume. As I was walking, I felt how my right eye was stimulated by light and, particularly, color. It felt like I actually experienced the rods and the cones waking up.

It was particularly nice to feel the rods on the right side of my right eye I guess, there shouldn't be any cones there, but whatever it is, the outside periphery of my right eye was waking up particularly dramatically. It found it actually pleasurable to turn my eye and my head to the right, since as I was doing that, more colorful images were coming in, again from the right, and the right eye felt awakening more and more every moment. So I kept turning to the right as I was walking. Sometimes I would stop and turn to the right a few turns on some spot, particularly when waiting  to cross the street, but also at other times, since it felt so good. After some point I thought it might be good to stimulate the eye on other sides, so I moved my gaze in other directions, where it felt good, where I felt the vision was stuck.

Sometimes there was a nice physical sensations in the eye, which felt like stretching. This way a muscle feels good when you are stretching - not to the extreme, not like in ballet, but just like normal people stretch after siting for a few hours. I felt this kind of sensation in a circle around the eye, as if the muscles circling around the right eye were stretching (are there two such muscles?)

I was not particularly worried about 3d. I already had had some interesting 3d experiences yesterday. For example, one of them that I forgot to describe was a sudden perception of the distance from my eyes to the monitor screen. However, this time I was just taking in all this color and movement and open space, particularly on my right side. I tried doing the same thing with my left eye, but it just didn't feel as good, and also I felt I was losing my right side. I equally felt I was losing my left side when I was with my right eye, but I was not so concerned about my left side and eye since they had been leading for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment