Friday, July 29, 2011

Directing the retinas

After I stimulated both retinas and felt them both present, it occurred to me how to use it. I found another flower. I stimulated again both retinas with the streetlamps and by moving the eyes and taking in the peripheral vision. Then I probably recalled, subconsciously, how one participant at Peter's retreat explained to me how to look at a flower with both eyes (even though their exercise was to look out of focus) - in response to my question of how a fused image could be continuous with the periphery. I did not think about this conversation yesterday, but somehow I felt that flowers were good objects to look at.

By this point I was already not sure which eye was leading, even though it was probably my right eye. One thing that is helpful for forgetting, which eye was leading, is Peter's exercise with looking far away (e.g. high on the skyscraper), then moving the gaze close, then far away again, and so on. As long as the gaze is moving continuously and both eyes are seeing with peripheral vision, the eyes will inevitably come together. (Of course, during Peter's workshop I was mostly moving the eyes flatly, not across the surface, but as they were coming close to near my feet, I felt I was actually experiencing the surface in a different way - that was during Peter's workshop.)

 Anyway, so I felt what I had to do. I directed both retinas to take in the image of the flower so it gets engrained on the retinas and then passed through the optic nerves. This wasn't a verbal direction, as I recall. What was the result? I didn't really see anything new, however, I felt that the retinas were still very stimulated from the lights and the peripheral vision, so I thought maybe the mind will do something with it anyway.

At this point I felt it was time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment